[wp-hackers] WP Plugin Option API

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Wed Mar 30 19:29:23 GMT 2005

Owen Winkler wrote:

> Mark Jaquith wrote:
>
>> I've been toying with the idea of creating this API as a plugin, but
>> it would make life so much easier if something like this were in the
>> core.
>

> The explanation:
> http://www.asymptomatic.net/archives/2005/03/11/1380/admin-we-have-a-problem/
>

> In wp-plugins:
> http://svn.wp-plugins.org/smalloptions

Yeah... I saw that.  And while it is very cool, and while it certainly
solves the clutter, it doesn't reduce the amount of work for
developers.  Because it is optional, you have to do all the work to make
it function on its own without your SmallOptions plugin.  If something
like this were in the core, you wouldn't need to provide a standalone
method.