[wp-hackers] dev.wp-plugins.org bug reporting

Ryan Duff ryan at ryanduff.net
Fri Mar 25 21:23:04 GMT 2005

Owen Winkler wrote:
> I would like to receive notice when new bugs are added at
> wp-plugins.org.  It's one of my three reason why I'm not using it more
> globally.
> The other two are 1)No way to deploy (yet)  2)It's not possible to make
> ./trunk private for the contributors only and leave ./tags read-only for
> others.  I have no interest in supporting "nightlies" for unfinished
> plugins or revealing the innards of new plugins before the time is
> right.  Number 3 is less of an issue, but nags at me whenever I consider
> moving my stuff over.

Number 3 is less of an issue? I only see 2! :P

(The real #1)
I agree, there is an rss feed for the reports, "my reports" is supposed
to be accessed via:

http://dev.wp-plugins.org/report/7?format=rss&USER=[your username]

but haven't had any luck with it. I've tried it in 2 readers. I however,
can see it in firefox if I load the url. Anybody get that to work?

(The real #2)
A way to deploy would be great. I thought this was why we were moving to
it, but for those of us that would like to deploy a .zip with a readme
or whatever else inside, there is no way other than still hosting it on
our own sites.

(The real #3)
I also began to notice problems with people using my current svn files
instead of the latest stable, and am currently getting frequent claims
it doesn't work. (Mainly because the stable install instructions are
different from the current svn ones).

Matt: any response to these?

--
Ryan Duff