[wp-hackers] Thoughts on Dict.

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Thu Mar 24 05:19:05 GMT 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 05:30:01AM +0100, Albert Holm wrote:
> Replying to dict.org would mean that there is a host  named dict in
> the org zone which I doubt they can control.

Yes, because adding A records to your own zone is so terribly difficult.

</sarcasm>

The fact is that dict.org already has an A record, but they have
misconfigured it:

# host dict.org
dict.org                A       72.36.131.186
# host www.dict.org
www.dict.org            CNAME   miranda.org
miranda.org             A       209.58.150.153

That's a bad use of a CNAME too.

--
 Leon Blackwell                | There are only 10 types of people in
 http://the.lostrealm.com/     | the world; those who understand binary