[wp-hackers] Plugins using hardcoded table prefix

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Mon Mar 21 09:37:04 GMT 2005

Alex King wrote:

> Weren't these variables just added in 1.5? I thought they were added
> recently.
>
> Also, be aware that when using these variables (or any object
> properties) I'm pretty sure you can't just stick them inside a
> double-quoted string.

They were added fairly early on in WP 1.3, last summer, I'd say.  Quite
a lot of plugin writers started writing plugins for WP 1.3 CVS code, so
this shouldn't be anything new to them.

Alex, if you weren't able to put $wpdb->posts and the like into
doublequoted strings, WordPress wouldn't get past the install phase.
It's pretty much the standard way of doing it.  Your test environment
must be screwy.