[wp-hackers] RFC: Plugin API extension proposal

Morten Frederiksen mof-rdf at mfd-consult.dk
Sun Mar 20 17:32:28 GMT 2005

Hi,

On Sunday 20 March 2005 18:03, Fabrizio Tarizzo wrote:
> I wrote a little draft about an extension to the WordPress Plugin API
> that allows plugin developers to add metadata in RSS/ATOM feeds.
> http://www.fabriziotarizzo.org/wiki/Wikka/ProposalWordPressAPIExtension
Not a bad idea at all.

I ran into the problem when creating my FOAF output plugin [1] (for WP1.2). I
ended up using the the_category_rss filter.

The FOAF output plugin itself adds a few hooks -- to be used by add-ons like
Semantic Visits [2] -- they are very much like your ideas, so I can attest to
the principle.

[1]
http://www.wasab.dk/morten/blog/archives/2004/07/05/wordpress-plugin-foaf-output
[2]