[wp-hackers] Forum post

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Sat Mar 19 22:54:49 GMT 2005

Podz wrote:

> update-links.php nuked my bandwidth?
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic.php?id=25286

I was under the impression that the new method of getting updates was
much leaner than the old changes.xml method, which downloaded a
multi-megabyte file for parsing.  It looks like the code now just
specifically asks Ping-O-Matic if the site's links have updated.

Also, when looking at update-links.php I couldn't help but notice that
Snoopy is being included, but doesn't appear to be used (i.e. it is all
done manually instead of using the Snoopy class).

The only thing I could think of is that some error in the query to
Ping-O-Matic is causing PoM to return some huge file... either that or
this guy has 5,000 blogs on his blogroll!