[wp-hackers] 1.5.1.3 XMLRPC problems

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Jun 30 00:22:04 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 17:17 -0500, Ryan Boren wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 17:14 -0400, Scott Merrill wrote:
> > Ryan Boren wrote:
> > > No.  There are only a couple of objects involved, most everything is a
> > > string.  The object causing the problem here is IXR_Date.  IXR_Date
> > > slices and dices the incoming date string and makes it safe for use.
> > > So, it's contents don't need to be escaped.
> >
> > This post:
> > http://wordpress.org/support/topic/37788#post-213513
> > links to this ticket:
> > http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1355
> > which should probably be reviewed before an official update to 1.5.1.3
> > gets committed.
>
> Too late.  That's been a bug for awhile; we'll have to live with it a
> little longer.  Most of the patches I've seen floating around (such as
> the one in 1355) will cause a more profound breakage in certain clients.
> I'm tidying this area up for 1.6.

Since I have to fix the image thing anyway, I'll try to get this in.
Patch attached that will hopefully work for everyone.  I also attached a
full copy of xmlrpc.php for drop in convenience.  I need feedback quick.

This also includes the image upload fix (already committed).  Please try
it out if your uploaded images were being corrupted.

Cross posted to the testers list.

Ryan