[wp-hackers] Database Size

Stefano steagl at people.it
Tue Jun 28 09:34:30 GMT 2005

Il Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:28:50 +0100, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> scrive:

>Databases are getting larger over time, but the ability of phpmyAdmin
>and the server settings is limiting the size of a file import that can
>be done. There are also limits on the amount of text that can be pasted
>as a query. I'm getting a few emails now where the only answer seems to
>be a long and tedious cut/paste. As the problem will only get worse,
>anyone got any creative ideas ?

I think the only way is to have the DB optimized, then save single
table making them zipped or gzipped. Very very large DB will need a
backup procedure like the backup plugin and then the use of FTP for
the download. I can't see any other solution :(

Email: steagl at people.it - steagl at despammed.com
BlogPage: http://www.40annibuttati.it/
PGP keys available on keyservers  (cripted & signed PGP mail welcome)