[wp-hackers] Rumor Mill Questions Need Answering

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 19:45:41 GMT 2005

The only problem with this suggestion is that we'll either have to
wait until 1.6 is out to start documentation or we'll have to start it
now, which is another blow to the effort to keep normal users away
since its documented ahead of time. For now, maybe 1.6 docs can be
thrown onto discussion pages, and then about a week before release
have all the codex volunteers merge the documentation like what Amit
suggested.

On 6/26/05, Amit Gupta <amit at igeek.info> wrote:

> On 2005-06-27, "Ryan Boren" <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> > 1.5 and 1.6 are going to have some notable differences (otherwise it
> > would be called 1.5.2).  The documentation team needs to decide how
> > they are going to support both 1.5 and 1.6.  Most documentation will apply
> > to both, but there will be some divergence as features are added to 1.6.
>
> I suggest that all docs be placed at one place & each feature/hook/function
> etc. be tagged
> with the version in which its supported, like the PHP Manual, which has all
> the functions etc. but
> right below function names it has the PHP versions for which they're
> available.
>

> -----
> Amit Gupta
>
> || Canned!! -- my Atropine || iG:Syntax Hiliter v2.01 ||
> || iGEEK.INFO || Free Nokia Ringtones || Online Gaming @ Games Planet ||

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com