WordPress Openness (was Re: [wp-hackers] UI development for 1.6)

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Thu Jun 23 13:46:21 GMT 2005

Quoting Fahim Farook <fahim at farook.org>:

> Roy, let's not make this an issue about personalities - I don't believe
> Mike intended it to be about personalities (my apologies to Mike for
> thinking at first it was ...) and dropping to the personal level is not
> going to achieve anything.

You are very right. My words were not intended to appear malevolent. I
wanted to
point out 2 things:

   1. Discussion before deployment. A poll widget in wp.org would achieve
      this, or perhaps a verified E-mail vote. It can make everyone happy
      and give all users a sense of control.

   2. The committal/forking discussion was a bit disturbing, especially
      since Mike's privileges had been annulled without notification.
      This is yet another _communication_ problem.

> The thing to do at this point would be to see
> where the differences of opinion might be and address the issues. As
> Mike has kept on pointing out - this is about WP and ensuring that it
> goes in a direction which would help all the users out there and a
> split, coup whatever is not going to help anybody (though I'd still do
> it if it were me - but that's my personal opinion :p) Sometimes I guess
> you gotta look at the bigger picture ...

I hope that Matt discusses this with Mike if they haven't done so
already. This
will have to be over the phone because text is ambiguous and impersonal. I am
sure they will reach a compromise.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com