[wp-hackers] Trac Updates

Ryan Duff ryan at ryanduff.net
Thu Jun 23 02:21:11 GMT 2005

Jeff Minard wrote:
> I realize that Trac has an RSS feed for "my tickets" -- but is there
> anyway to get email updates when a bug is filed for one of my plugins?
>
> I feel kinda lazy for not using the RSS feed, but It'd be nice to  have
> the email option anyway.
>
> Jeff

AFAIK, according to Trac developers, the RSS feed is broken (I know that
for a fact) and what I read in the bug report for it, they don't plan on
fixing it any time soon. Its broken because it doesn't authenticate you
for the RSS feed, even if you set your reader to. It just returns
nothing since the $USER variable is null.

Email updates, I'm not sure about this either. I haven't seen such a
feature built in or heard about it elsewhere.

--
Ryan Duff
http://ryanduff.net