[wp-hackers] UI development for 1.6

Firas D. fd at firasd.org
Tue Jun 21 21:42:18 GMT 2005

Terrence Wood wrote:

> 7. Change 'save and continue editing' button to a checkbox 'continue
> editing' and just have the 'save' and 'publish' buttons.

Yes!

Write Post:
    Save and Continue Editing, *Save*, Publish

Edit Post:
    Save and Continue Editing, *Save*

Edit Draft:
    Save and Continue Editing, *Save*, Publish

I'd venture that any time meant to be saved by not having people hit
additional form controls is wasted by having them read the text on the
bunch of buttons. Unless there's an important reason to maintain this
design, It should at least be:

    ---------
    | *Save* | [x] Continue Editing
    ---------
                 Publish

My recommendation is to remove the Publish button too, given that the
toggle in the sidebar is setting the post status between
Private/Draft/Publish (that would also have the nice side effect of
having the same exact set of buttons, whatever the posts' attributes),
but that might not fit the users' mode-of-thinking well.

--
http://firasd.org