[wp-hackers] Hi!

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Sat Jun 18 13:25:34 GMT 2005

Quoting David House <dmhouse at gmail.com>:

> Hi Max! Welcome to the wp-hackers mailing list and the WordPress community.
>
> On 6/17/05, Max Winde <max.winde at projekt-brot.de> wrote:
>> All of these blogs are running on WordPress and I'll try to make them
>> running from a single WordPress installation the next few days.
>
> Can I just ask why you would want to do that? Surely if you have five
> seperate blogs you'd want five seperate WP installations... it seems
> like things would be a lot simpler that way.

I don't fully agree. Affordable hosts provide a limited number of databases. A
powerful software package should include a powerful schema that allows
information re-use and the possible interaction between the tables.

Examples: having a single login (for the database as well as the front-end
software), comprehensive sqldump, and this list can be further extended...

With my current Web host, a basic package comes with only a single database. I
am lucky to have 20 at the moment and I needed to pay more because of the
scattered database, some of which have commonalities.

To wrap up, one intstallation with multiple blogs does have its pros.

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com