[wp-hackers] Diagnostics

Sebastian Herp newsletter at scytheman.net
Sat Jun 4 11:02:27 GMT 2005

I installed it and it's a nice thing. I would prefer if wordpress had
this option buildin, because there might be outher plugins in the
wp_footer-action that are querying the database (e.g. BAstats). Another
thing is, that not all slowness comes from database-access. Maybe
wordpress could measure the time every plugin is active or something in
its diagnostics mode ...

btw: two things on the queries:
1. to get all static pages there is first a query to find out what the
id, title and name of those are and then there is one query per 'page'
to get its content. Is this really neccessary?

2. same with normal postings ... they are being pulled out of the
database (with every information available) and then there is a query
for each post to find out its meta-data which should already be there ...

Much potential to speed up some things and finally get wordpress to
output the frontpage in under 300 ms on a duron 1600 with 512 MB ram :-)

Greetings,
Sebbi