[wp-hackers] Re: Google Sitemaps for Wordpress

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Fri Jun 3 15:18:03 GMT 2005

Quoting Michael Nguyen <dyn4mik3 at gmail.com>:

> Roy, Google Sitemaps was just released yesterday. They are allowing
> people to submit feeds of all their web pages to help Google crawl and
> index their websites faster.
>
> Find more info on it at: https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/

This reached Slashdot only 20 minutes ago. You were ahead of everybody,
I guess
so well done.

I suspect that it's very practical in domains which have one consistent CMS.
Since only about 20% of my pages are in WordPress, I am worried that such XML
will distract Google et al. from the real site map.

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com