[wp-hackers] Plugin download repository

Jonathan Leighton turnip at turnipspatch.com
Wed Jul 27 21:03:13 GMT 2005

Matt Mullenweg wrote:

> Unless everybody tags consistently (and they haven't thus far) it's
> hard to tell which is the "best" tag to choose. Users shouldn't have
> to decide which version they want, it should be automatic.

This is the real problem -- knowing which tag is the latest one. Can
anyone think of a solution to this? I think a symbolic link was
suggested last time this came up but I don't know if that's possible in
SVN and would be a problem to Windows people anyway.

The two solutions I see:

a) Telling people that they MUST use a specific format for their tag
names if they want it to work with the zipping service.
b) Having a kind of databasey thing where they can specify either the
format they use, or specify their latest tag.

Personally I think a is easier and better. What does everyone else think?

If we can all agree on a solution I'll implement it.

Jon

--
Jonathan Leighton aka. Turnip
http://turnipspatch.com/ | http://digital-proof.org/