[wp-hackers] Plugin Readmes

Firas D. fd at firasd.org
Thu Jul 21 11:23:20 GMT 2005

Jonathan Leighton wrote:

>In fact, ignore that, it's already there is the form of "Plugin URI: ..."
>
>What advantage does a readme.txt have over a simple URI to documentation
>in whatever form it is in?
>
>Jon

It's the difference between https://addons.mozilla.org and a simple list
of items.

Here's my current issue: i want lots and lots of tags <-> plugin
relationships to start building the relationship matching engine for the
directory. The readme.txt type thing I pointed to has a parsable,
semi-standard way of showing that. How else would I get this info, ask
dozens of plugin authors to make me an xml file with a <tags> element?