[wp-hackers] Plugin Readmes

Firas D. fd at firasd.org
Thu Jul 21 02:09:49 GMT 2005

Hi everyone,

A few of us (Robert Deaton, Andrew Sutherland and I) are whipping up a
replacement/successor to wp-plugins.net. Right now we're working on an
importer from the wp-plugins.org repository (which'll sync nightly via
'svn up'). Of the nearly 340 plugins in the repository, only a portion
are 'discoverable':

http://firasd.ath.cx/ext/is_readme.php

So please standardize your /trunk/readme.txt so we have some data to
crunch :)

The expectation is (a) there's a file in /trunk/ called readme.txt, (b)
It's formatted like
<http://dev.wp-plugins.org/file/staticize-reloaded/trunk/readme.txt>

(If you're curious, the parser is
http://firasd.ath.cx/ext/import/parse-readme.phps .. quite primitive,
early alpha, etc.)

(And this'll be an open source project of course, with all source
available in an svn/trac environment and readily redeployable. It will
work for plugins that aren't in the repo, but it will take only one
readme format.)

--
http://firasd.org