[wp-hackers] How do you downgrade?

Ryan Duff ryan at ryanduff.net
Tue Jul 19 11:59:58 GMT 2005

Xavier Roy wrote:

>> 1.6 is alpha do-not-use software.
>>

> Yeah, I know  ;-) Everything was working fine till a few hours ago on
> July 18th's nightly. When I upgraded to July 19th's nightly, everything
> went kaput. On upgrading, I am sent to the profile page and got this
> message: "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."
>
> Anyone else facing this issue?

Your best bet is to post to the testers list and not the hackers list
(if you're actually testing the software for bugs).

>> If you forgot to backup, locate changes to the DB via the upgrade.php
>> script, and good luck.
>>

> Of course, I need all the luck in the world if I am to get things back
> to the way they were. :-)

Please tell me you were not using this on a production blog. If you're
lucky, another nightly in the near future might fix this and put you
back to a near-working environment. Please heed the warnings next time.

Ryan Duff
http://ryanduff.net
AIM: ryancduff
irc.freenode.net #wordpress