[wp-hackers] User Capabilities

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 22:25:42 GMT 2005

On 7/17/05, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> The code base is mostly moved over to capabilities.  The functions in
> admin-db.php need to be updated as do the old user_can_*() functions.
> Do any plugins use the user_can_*() functions?  We never advertised
> them.  If no one is using them, we can simply remove them.  They are no
> longer used internally within WP.  Anyone want to update admin-db.php?

I just started looking at this (I'm rusty with PHP so I was going to
just hack away and see if I could get it working and then post about
it) but it isn't clear how the permisisons on editing drafts should be
handled under the roles model.

Obviously both Admin and Editor have edit_others_posts as part of
their role but the current permissions look for posts made by users of
the same level or below so should this be changed just to check for
Admin or Editor? Should Editor be able to edit posts by Admin?

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster at kde.org