[wp-hackers] Forum post: Huge server hits

Sam Angove peasant at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 16:15:45 GMT 2005

On 7/13/05, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:
> Still... as an extreme test given the circumstances, I think it ranks
> pretty highly ? We do get questions about server load in the forums and
> we are - as yet - unable to give definitive answers. Not that this does,
> but those issues are not answerable. Unless someone wants to take a shot ?

FWIW, since I'm sure most people don't have dedicated servers:

DreamHost says that their shared hosting customers shouldn't be using
more than 30-40 [CPU minutes per day][1], and if they consistently
exceed it they may be asked to upgrade to a dedicated package.

It obviously depends on what plugins/themes are being used, but for me
works out at about 10,000 pageviews per day with no cache.[2] WP-Cache
should be at least 10x that, or more.

[1]: https://panel.dreamhost.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=3079
[2]: I think. Have you ever tried to analyze a log where every single
item is `php.cgi`? :)