[wordpress] Re: [wp-hackers] Forum post: Huge server hits

John Sinteur john at sinteur.com
Wed Jul 13 07:27:20 GMT 2005

On Jul 13, 2005, at 8:30 AM, Elliott Bäck wrote:

> I used up 90 GB of bandwidth yesterday:
>
> 90,000 mb / 24 hours * 1 hr / 60 min * 1 min / 60 s = 1.04 MB/s =
> 8.33 Mb/s
>
> That's saturation level on older cards.  Since my machine is a
> shared host, it was probably getting hammered pretty hard overall...

I guess that's indeed the images - but if you could add your
experiences, with a description of what the pages looked like and
where to bandwidth went, and a description of the hardware involved,
to the codex, it would go a long way to answering a lot of questions.
If you could run analog on the webserverlogs to see what files were
hit most, you've got a great experience for the codex...

-John