[wordpress] Re: [wp-hackers] Forum post: Huge server hits

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Wed Jul 13 06:38:48 GMT 2005

Quoting Elliott Bäck <ecb29 at cornell.edu>:

> I used up 90 GB of bandwidth yesterday:
>
> 90,000 mb / 24 hours * 1 hr / 60 min * 1 min / 60 s = 1.04 MB/s = 8.33 Mb/s
>
> That's saturation level on older cards.  Since my machine is a shared
> host, it was probably getting hammered pretty hard overall...
>
> Thanks,
> Elliott C. Bäck
>
> 607-229-0623
> http://elliottback.com

Oh, dear! Well done.

When I got Slashdotted it was not even remotely similar, perhaps
because it was
Sunday and was purely Palm-related.

It is unlikely that your hosts will vent their anger for high bandwidth
provided
you do not share large media files. Strong players reflect well on the
hosts and
often get forced to upgrade to costly premium packages.

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com