[wp-hackers] User Capabilities

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Sun Jul 10 23:52:35 GMT 2005

Matthew Mullenweg wrote:
> Ryan Boren wrote:
>
>> Yeah, those three plus an editor would cover most of what people usually
>> want.  Arguably, the editor could be left to plugin territory.
>> * Registered (Powerless, might be able to create drafts)
>> * Writer/Author (Can write and publish posts)
>> * Editor (Can edit other people's posts)
>> * Administrator (Root)
>

> Perfect. :)

So we're leaving it to plugins then to create a "Junior Author" or
contributor role, which only allows the user to save drafts?

A lot of plugins are making use of registered, non-author users.  I
think the following would be acceptable to the overwhelming majority of
users:
* Registered
* Contributor
* Author
* Editor
* Admin

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35