[wp-hackers] User Capabilities

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 22:22:37 GMT 2005

I think a combination of the two would be great. Having roles like
publisher, editor, newsroom type roles that allow for the management of
posts, but then also things like Administrator and a few lesser powerful but
still administrative roles so that one person can not only be omni-powerful,
but grant other users permissions to do things that they can be trusted to
do.

On 7/10/05, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:

> While we're working out the design and implementation details of the
> role/capability system, let's talk about roles. Currently, we are using
> Textpattern's role definitions.
>
> http://textpattern.org/tips/280/editing-user-priveleges
>
> In addition, we have "Inactive" and "Subscriber" roles. Inactive has no
> capabilities at all. It serves as a means of deactivating an account
> without deleting it. A Subscriber is someone who can login and read but
> not do anything else.
>
> The Textpattern roles are based on a newsroom workflow. Is that what we
> want for WordPress, or do we want different roles using a different
> paradigm? Many have suggested that "Publisher" be "Administrator", for
> example. Any other suggestions?
>
> Ryan

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com