[wp-hackers] 500 euros for WP + plugins

Amit Gupta amit at igeek.info
Sat Jul 9 14:02:20 GMT 2005

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 "Robert Deaton" <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that you've never read the GPL or any real resources on it, nor understand the purpose of the GPL. I
> highly suggest that before you accuse someone of being in violation of the GPL you read up on what exactly > the GPL is for.
I've read the GPL quite a number of times and just read it again!! As I understand it, you can charge for supplying the software(like RedHat used to charge for Linux by providing it on CDs) and you can charge for any support or support materials like manuals, handbooks etc. but you can't charge for the code, the software. Am I wrong in understanding GPL? If I'm wrong, then would you please put me right & explain where I am wrong in understand it?(we'll keep the GPL in context of this topic only & not discuss other parts of GPL if not relevant here)

I wasn't accusing Denis of anything, I just said that his wordings on that page are not in compatibility with the GPL. If I was wrong in saying that, I don't know how/where/why I was wrong, you can't possibly know that sometimes unless someone else more enlightened that you can tell you that!! :)

So ease off and tell me where I'm wrong. :)

-----
Amit Gupta

|| Canned!! -- my Atropine || iG:Syntax Hiliter v3.1 ||
|| iGEEK.INFO || Free Nokia Ringtones || Online Gaming @ Games Planet ||