[wp-hackers] 500 euros for WP + plugins

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Sat Jul 9 01:55:26 GMT 2005

Quoting Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com>:

> I'm curious how people feel about this:
>
> http://www.semiologic.com/projects/sem-theme-pro/

There is nothing to prevent him from doing that because it's GPL'd.
It's rather
clear that when you put forward the URL, you wanted to hear the same
rants that
stir in your mind.

Having said that, the GPL might somehow cover these circumstances. It's like
people selling tickets to a free, charity concert. The plugins must be made
public, but there is nothing to prevent cashing in on the services. Nuclear
Moose called it a "Kick in the Face" when users asked for paid support. I can
only imagine that other people do it too, only without advertising.

Lastly, remember that putting an offer on-line does not warrant business.

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com