[wp-hackers] wp_delete_user()

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Tue Jul 5 19:22:31 GMT 2005

I think Kaf put it best: http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-
hackers/2005-April/000471.html

There's several things a person might want to do depending on the
circumstance:
wp_delete_user(): purge from database.
user_status = 1 (for example): everything hidden from view.
Obviously, as of now, this has not been implemented in the core.
user_level = 0:  Demotion.  Everything still visible, but user has no
capabilities.

Different things for different purposes.

As to Mike Little's suggestion, I don't see the need to transfer
posts/link/etc to another user (give credit where credit is due), but
transferring user capabilities/permissions might be useful... or it
might not.

Michael