[wp-hackers] XML-RPC Exploit?

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Tue Jul 5 10:42:25 GMT 2005

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Quoting Scott Merrill:
>> It might be worth throwing this onto the Devblog, so that "our people"
>> get the right news from us, instead of the Slashdot crowd.
>

> I have just peeked at that Slashdot item again and ran a quick search.
> At least
> 3 commenters stated clearly that WordPress had released a fix.

Wait, someone actually READS the comments?  =)  At what mod setting do
you read them?  Seperating the wheat from the "I, for one, welcome our
new XMLRPC overlords" chaff can be hard to do on slashdot sometimes.

Comments in slashdot threads dont have quite the ring of "official
response" that a devblog post would.

These are just my opinions.  If Matt and Ryan feel it's address well
enough, so be it.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35