[wp-hackers] Plugin deactivation

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Mon Jul 4 16:16:55 GMT 2005

Wouldn't it be easiest (and completely under your control) to have all the sub-plugins register off a custom message/action (init_any_blah_plugins), and then have the 'master' register for the plugins_loaded action, and when that gets hit do_action(init_any_blah_plugins)?

I agree that some priority ordering would be nice -- i.e., CG-Referrer would love to run first, as it may potentially 'bounce' access, and thus would like to short-circuit other plugin code loading.  Unfortunately, then EVERYONE fights for who really needs to run first. ;)  we might need 'classes' of plugins, so that things that want to prevent other code execution can run first, things that control secondary code loading/execution (chaining, whatever) run second, and 'normal' plugins can run third (oh, and 'late' plugins run fourth, as there's a class of things that want to run after all other plugins have hooked in...).  But this goes both for initial loading and hooking off of plugins_loaded...

-d