[wp-hackers] Getting a post through without the HTML escaped?

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 18:55:44 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I thought I'd try posting this question here in case someone knows the
answer already, if not then I will go digging... I currently have a
modified version of phone2wp -
http://ryanduff.net/archives/2004/11/24/phone2wp-01/ working on my WP
blog to moblog from my s710a, which works great but I am now trying to
add a feature where it will include a map of my location using Google
Maps API.

I have that part working perfectly BUT somewhere either in the posting
or the rendering of the post WP escapes the HTML (replaces the double
quotes, adds <br />'s for newlines etc), which of course results in
broken Javascript. So my question is, is there anyway to let a post
through without having the HTML escaped?

FYI if I want to post my location when sending an email from my phone
I start the first line with a colon and then enter the address, then
if phone2wp detects the colon it looks up the address using
http://geocoder.us, then grabs the co-ordinates in order to display
the Google Map (Google's API will only take co-ordinates). As I said
all of that works fine, it is just the HTML escaping that breaks
things so if someone can help me out with that then it would be most
appreciated!

Cheers,
--
Jason Bainbridge