[wp-hackers] Importing custom format into WordPress

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Fri Dec 30 14:24:00 GMT 2005

David House wrote:
> On 30/12/05, Elliotte Harold <elharo at metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
>> It does strike me that it would be nice if there were some standard import/export format for blogs that everyone supported to make these sorts of operations simpler
>
> RSS? :) If your system can export to RSS2, WP can import it.

That may work. How much does this do? Are comments, categories and URLs
kept intact?

How does it handle embedded markup? RSS2 doesn't include any HTML tags.
I don't want to lose all the HTML.

A partial solution may be good enough, and this may be that. I only need
to do this once, and I can clean it up manually. I just need to know how
much clean up to plan for.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu