[wp-hackers] Re: The Dashboard Needs Attention

Mahangu Weerasinghe mahangu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 13:20:05 GMT 2005

> WordPress has feeds for categories, so why is the dashboard subscribed to
> everything, instead of only wordpress or (even better) blogging-related
> stuff?
+ 1. I think this is a great idea, and as David mentioned, needs to be
worked at from the planet.wordpress end. What would be great though
would be if users could customize which feeds are displayed on the
dashboard.

That would be especially attractive to people who use WP when
deploying sites for clients. Imagine being able to plugin your company
feed when you ship out WP? That would be great.

> Ultimately, I would like to see a digg-like aggregator service, which would
> have WordPress users 'digg' (well 'press' I guess) the news for everyone
> else. Or at the very least an options panel for turning off selected feeds.

Neat idea, and it may clear up the clutter, but I still think a
'manage dashboard feeds' option is very much needed.

I'll be trying Kimmo's patch when I get some time this weekend.

--
Mahangu Weerasinghe,
Writer, hacker and sidewalk philosopher.

PGP Key : 6D42CC36

web : mahangu.org

note : The opinions expressed in this email are mine and mine alone,
and DO NOT in anyway portray the views of my employer, my friends, my
significant other or my toaster. Thank you.