[wp-hackers] Cruft (was Caching of numbers of comments?)

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Thu Dec 22 18:00:42 GMT 2005

I hate to be a nit-picker, but the proclivity for top-posting on this
list is out of control.

A: Because it messes up threading.
Q: why would I not reply by top-posting?

Worse still is the lack of trimming replies.  To quote Chunk from "The
Goonies": I've stood all I can stand and I can't stand no more!

Aaron Brazell wrote:
> Which other system?

This question is in reference to something _waaay_ down below.  Why is
the entire thread preserved, when it's not directly related to the
question?  Why was the question put up above the text to which it applied?

>>wp-hackers mailing list
>>wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com

See that stuff above?  It's cruft.  It gets automatically added to the
end of every list message.  By failing to trim it, you're unnecessarily
bloating all our inboxes, as we get two or three (or more!) copies of
the same thing.

More cruft!!

Please, folks, try not to top-post.  And please trim your replies.

And have a happy holiday season.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35