[wp-hackers] Counting failed logins

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Mon Dec 5 15:54:55 GMT 2005

ifelse wrote:
>>"Matt Read has already beat you to the punch."
>
> Erm, no he hasn't. His plugin logs 404 errors only... what is being proposed
> is a logging framework which would include the support for the logging and
> management of security events.

Actually, you're both wrong!  :)

I didn't propose a logging framework, even though that sounds like a
reasonable idea.  I'm initially hesitant about log4php, or any large
library of error-dedicated logging, since it seems like a heavy thing to
add that doesn't solve the initial problem of foul-looking errors.

Also, Matt Read's plugin logs 404 errors, which is very different from
my previously attached plugin, which locks users out of the admin for 10
minutes after three failed login attempts.

Owen