[wp-hackers] Posting still slow

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 03:46:57 GMT 2005

A couple people also noted that it looks like some pings are still
being sent before the page is output. Perhaps an implicit buffer flush
before we start the pingbacks and trackbacks would guarantee that the
page shows up before the pings are sent.

A few other noticable problems that would make it slow still is
enabling gzip compression. Since it waits until everything is finished
and then compresses, even pingbacks and trackbacks have to be sent.
Perhaps disabling gzip compression in the admin section would also
speed things up considerably.

On 8/30/05, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/30/05, Matthew Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> > Matthew Mullenweg wrote:
> > > I've been finding even with #1580 http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1580
> > > posting can still be really slow. Anybody have additional ideas for ways
> > > we can make this part of the WP experience more streamlined?
> >
> > To start things off:
> >
> > We could just publish the post, then have an iframe in the results page
> > that calls the script that does all the heavy lifting.
>
> Off the top of my head, another possibility is to have the results
> page call the heavy lifter in a new thread via
> file(get_settings('home') . $script_path) and then exit rapidly.
>
> Andy Skelton
> http://www.skeltoac.com

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com