[wp-hackers] Post title in comments feed in 1.5.2

Alex King lists at alexking.org
Mon Aug 15 21:01:38 GMT 2005

I submitted a patch for the comments feed that added the post title
to the <title> element in the feed. The patch I submitted simply
added p.post_title to the fields pulled from the posts table in the
LEFT JOIN.

I see this same functionality has been added to the comments feed in
1.5.2, but in a different way. Instead of grabbing the p.post_title
in the JOIN, the code looks this:

  $title = get_the_title($comment->comment_post_ID);

which, as I read it, will generate a query just to get the title of
the post for each comment.

Is there a reason this was done?

Cheers,
--Alex