[wp-hackers] 1.5.2

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Thu Aug 11 09:11:05 GMT 2005

Nikolay Bachiyski wrote:

> Creation of a user theme from the default one.
> Both implies ugly theme directory name and actually doesn't work when
> the name contains non-ascii symbols.
>
> Solution: just don't create it. Is actually anybody using this?

Well, the idea is that if people want to start tweaking the default
theme, at least they'll have something to fall back on if it breaks.
Also, the default theme directory is used as a fallback if your theme,
for instance, doesn't include comments.php, so there is an incentive to
keep the default theme virginal.

Perhaps we should just ship with two copies of the default theme.
Yeah... I know... makes the download bigger... but it gets around the
naming problems (just call it /my-theme/ or something), and it gets
around the problems with people who don't have a writable
/wp-content/themes/ directory.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/