[wp-hackers] 1.5.2

Pete Prodoehl pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com
Tue Aug 9 20:22:27 GMT 2005

Matthew Mullenweg wrote:
> It's going to be long enough before the next release (1.6) and there are
> enough fixes to warrant another release in the otherwise stable 1.5 branch.
>
> I'm curious what bugs are most annoying to people or what hooks are most
> needed in this bugfix/minor feature release.

Most annoying to me is:

--------
 From the thread: Multiple Enclosures, detecting enclosures
Chris Lott wrote:
 > *MY* servers do-- the problem is that so many don't. And when the best
 > free resource (important in educational circles) is ourmedia.org-- and
 > THEY can't (or won't) figure it out-- it seems like a bigger problem.
 > I also didn't ask to accommodate all possible media types, just the
 > most common ones that are causing the most problems.

I think the problem with ourmedia/archive.org is that they serve up
redirects usually, and we don't follow redirects. Anyone want to fix our
code to follow up to 2 redirects (but no more as to not get stuck in a
loop)?

Matt
--------

I'd also like to see the Atom 0.3 feed updated to 1.0 if that makes sense...

thanks...

Pete