[wp-hackers] 1.5.2

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Tue Aug 9 16:51:13 GMT 2005

David House wrote:
> This seems like the ideal timescale, if the devs think we're ready. I
> think we'd need at least a week of bugfixing, then a week of
> 1.5-branch code freeze while we test, and get security experts going
> over the system.

That seems a bit aggressive unless we have a number of people committed
to auditing the code. If we can gather up volunteers here we can divide
up the files between the number of people who are up for it. It can be
tedious.

I'm curious on people's thoughts on this new code:

http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2768

Since most of our problems thus far have stemmed from register globals
being on, this should negate that, but I'd like people to drop it in
their wp-settings.php file and see if anything breaks.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://photomatt.net  | http://wordpress.org