[wp-hackers] WP 1.5.1.4 bugfix agenda

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 14:25:35 GMT 2005

I've also noticed a considerable amount of problems with post-by-mail
on the forums, all with the same general error each time. I've also
heard a lot of fuss about pings and trackbacks, so perhaps the most
recent changes to xmlrpc need to be released also. If 1.6 is a few
months off, there's really not much of a reason to spend a few days to
throw out another release in the 1.5 branch. Maybe we should organize
a bug day for the 1.5 branch like Kitten organized a while back.

On 8/6/05, Scott Merrill <skippy at skippy.net> wrote:
> Mark Jaquith wrote:
> > There is also this issue, about unescaped post-by-mail MySQL INSERTs
> > http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1536
>
> post-by-mail could use considerable attention.  I've seen more and more
> forum posts about it, and the provided tool is barely adequate.
>
> This plugin:
> http://www.audiolicious.com/weblog/2005/03/wordpress-gmail-mobile-blogging/
> might be worth investigating.  I haven't tried it myself yet, but
> reports on the forums seem happy about it.
>
> --
> skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/
>
> gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
> 506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com