[wp-hackers] Snoopy: Good or Evil

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Wed Aug 3 14:30:58 GMT 2005

Andy Skelton wrote:
> I'm just grabbing a flat HTML file such as this one:
> http://blogsoftheday.com/hotlist.html
> Would that library be good for this kind of thing?

Would you consider using XML-RPC to distribute that information instead?
  Then people could present that information in any format they chose.
You could also offer several different functions (HotList, BuzzList,
TopPosts, etc.) for different info, and return it all in XML.

The IXR library can be used as a client or a server, so you could
reference it from WordPress (it's included for things like the
Metaweblog API and pingbacks) and use it on botd.com to support the API.

Or better yet, provide a REST API.  :)

Owen