[wp-hackers] Wordpress counting site

Andy Skelton skeltoac at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 28 04:46:10 GMT 2005

Most of you have seen the Blogs Of The Day announcements on the plugin
competition blog. For the rest, BOTD is a site I've been building to
maintain a list of WordPress sites (more generators later) indexed by
popularity (more indices later). The client end of the system is a very
simple plugin that adds an invisible image to the footer of every post, Page
and WP homepage. This is something I'd eventually like to see bundled in WP,
enabling all WP users to get their site's traffic indexed with a single
click: Activate.

I now have the plumbing roughed out and working with some efficiency (thanks
to Matt's input) and I'd like to hit it with fifty to one hundred thousand
hits per day. If you would like to help, find the plugin code at
blogsoftheday.com and put it to use (vagueness and complexity intended to
ward off general public during testing).

For a sample of the plugin's output, view the source of www.skeltoac.com and
its articles. The output is between comments just above the /body tag.

Thank you,
Andy Skelton
www.skeltoac.com