[wp-hackers] New search technique! Better results! Instant ServerDeath!

Denis de Bernardy denis at semiologic.com
Wed Apr 27 13:02:33 GMT 2005

This can be interesting too, when I'm finished with it.

http://www.semiologic.com/projects/search-reloaded/

It's not based on LSI; rather, it is based on my own research in search
engines. At the moment, it merely identifies a seed of potentially
interesting posts, and sorts them using a rather simplistic criteria.

The next version will use the seed to find and return clustered results -- I
forecast a huge improvement in relevance when compared to the first version.
What more, the upcoming version of the clustering plugin will mutate the
clusters based by interacting with users. I might also add a plugin hook to
add a search criteria analysis step (e.g. to automatically correct common
spelling mistakes).

--
Denis