[wp-hackers] Rewriting search URL

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sun Apr 24 15:48:31 GMT 2005

Matthew Mullenweg wrote:
> They don't really cost that much more than any other dynamic page in
> WordPress, if at all. I could see permanent search URIs being useful as
> aggregators across different categories for a topic. I like how
> www.a9.com does it as well. (I use them as my primary search engine now.)

Also I've talked before about how a search result page could be like a
wiki, anyone could edit it and tailor things to their liking, basically
allowing you to create some exciting community-driven results for
popular phrases. (This was the original idea behind the bbPress search.)

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com