[wp-hackers] post_content_filtered

denis at semiologic.com denis at semiologic.com
Tue Apr 19 22:32:19 GMT 2005

Sounds like a good idea indeed. I was just surprised to find no hook anywhere to
call it in the WordPress code. At the moment, the only occurence of it is in the
install script.

I would have imagined finding something somewhere like:

if ( $post->post_content_filtered )
  // bypass post_content filters

and like:

apply_filters( wherever_relevant, update_post_content_filtered )

at other places. But leave as is, I presume, as there is room to cache things
differently from a site to another.

Speaking of which: If I make a plugin to fill the field every so often on a
semi-static basis rather than on a per-modification basis, is there a way to I
disable the apply_filters call on the_content altogether?

D.