[wp-hackers] Must be me...

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Tue Apr 19 19:56:52 GMT 2005

drDave wrote:
> Can I be so bold as to ask where we stand on this and where we are
> going? Or do you have to kill me if you tell me?

There is strong effort being put into fixing bugs, as you can see from
the rest of the timeline Dave diplomatically chose not to highlight.
Historically, people do not upgrade for fixes to bugs they don't
experience and api hooks. There are no known security issues to fix in
this release either. If Restore causes too much trouble it'll be backed
out, but if not it'll provide a nice feature we can point to encourage
people to upgrade. There have also been usability, speed, and
optimization improvements -- get over it. My goal is to provide the best
possible experience for our users, not adhere to someone's idea of what
the "rules" are for releases.

A good target for 1.5.1 is May 3rd, which could change, but just please
stop the berating. It's unproductive and rude, and there are plenty of
more positive ways to contribute to the community.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://photomatt.net  | http://wordpress.org