[wp-hackers] wordpress optimizations

denis at semiologic.com denis at semiologic.com
Sat Apr 16 19:12:15 GMT 2005

I was wondering... What are the planned changes for WordPress 1.6?

If things are still unclear, I would like to suggest maximizing performance. My
feeling is there is plenty of overhead and even a couple of simple things could
make a big difference.

Several queries, in particular, are mandatory at the moment and could be
programed to be triggered only when required. e.g. users, options, categories,
comment count, post meta...

And sometimes, bugs in the workflow produce entirely useless queries, e.g. i
recall eyeing fetch post twice and similar when the data is available.

--
Denis
http://www.semiologic.com