[wp-hackers] GWAVA Spam Nonsense

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 00:28:56 GMT 2005

I just checked, nothing special about my IP address. I'm on cable and I've
had the same IP for 6 months, so I doubt that it is the problem. I didn't
get one from this thread, so maybe it had something to do with the "exploit"
thread. At any rate, its terribly annoying to get my posts flagged as spam.

On 4/14/05, Kyle VanderBeek <kylev-wp at kylev.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 01:37:01AM +0200, Mihailo Stefanovic wrote:
> >
> > I've just read somewhere that spamcop.net <http://spamcop.net>blacklisted GMail, or at
> > least some of their servers... Ah, here it is:
> > [1]http://www.hexus.net/ . Maybe that was the reason?
> >
> > Btw. this just happened to me too. So embarrasing, my own mail server
> > marked my own message as a spam, just because I'm on a dial-up of
> > largest local ISP, which someone just decided to blacklist...
>
> Well, blacklisting usually doesn't "just happen". At least not in my
> system. It's usually for a good reason. I did notice that some of you
> are getting higher-than-usual scores because the dial-up number or IP
> address you were assigned had been blacklisted. If that IP shows up in
> Received headers, you'll hit RCVD_IN_* SpamAssassin rules. Best
> solution is to redial or reset your DSL modem and hope you get a
> different address assigned by DHCP.
>
> Note, IronPort's Senderbase system is useful for checking all this out:
>
> http://www.senderbase.org/
>
> It has a handy meta-directory of blacklists.

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com