[wp-hackers] post_name_check

Alex King lists at alexking.org
Mon Apr 11 17:38:37 GMT 2005

Thanks Jamie. I guess this is easier to update than having to re-hack
the source. :)

After thinking more about the 'unique permalink' side of things, I
don't think checking the permalink structure and applying the unique
suffix or not is a good idea. What may be a unique permalink now could
easily be non-unique in the future.

For example, someone could decide that in addition to their single

/YYYY/MM/DD/post-slug/

they also want posts available by category:

/category-name/post-slug/

I think the default behavior is probably smart, if inelegant for my
usage.

Cheers,
--Alex

http://www.alexking.org/